Terms and Conditions
The carrier balance is paid to the driver on delivery by means of cash or certified funds. Some carriers are now taking more forms of payments.
Contract Terms & Conditions:
By submitting this Service Agreement (hereafter “Agreement”) online, sending via fax or requesting via email, Customer understands and agrees that they are hiring the services of Excellent Auto Transport, a licensed & bonded transportation brokerage (MC# 774843), to arrange the shipment of their vehicle(s) with a Contract Carrier. They further have read, understand and will abide by the following terms and conditions. This agreement supersedes any prior or contemporaneous oral or written agreement and modification of this agreement in any part shall only be valid if executed and signed by a Corporate officer of Excellent Auto Transport and Customer. The provisions of this Agreement are severable and the invalidity and enforce-ability of any provisions herein shall not affect the enforce-ability of the remaining provisions, which shall remain in full force and effect.
Special Note: Your total transportation price is guaranteed not to change without your prior authorization. Due to the instability of the current price of diesel fuel or supply and demand, there may be a price increase to your original quote. Excellent Auto Transport will contact you first to advise you of the increased cost. Choosing this option will ensure your vehicle will be transported in a timely manner. However, you will always have the option to continue looking for a carrier at the original quoted price with the understanding that it will most likely take longer than originally anticipated.
1. YOUR TOTAL IS GUARANTEED NOT TO CHANGE WITHOUT YOUR PRIOR APPROVAL. WHEN WE FIND A CARRIER, WE PRESENT, YOU DECIDE! When your Client Assistant or Account Executive has secured reservations on one of our Truck Partners for your vehicle; AT THAT TIME, OR AFTER YOU RECEIVE YOUR SIGNED CONTRACT WITH THE CARRIER, YOU WILL BE ASKED TO PROVIDE YOUR CREDIT CARD INFORMATION FOR THE BROKER FEE PORTION OF THE TOTAL to the Client Assistant or Account Executive. THE REMAINING AMOUNT OF YOUR TOTAL GOES TO THE CARRIER COD, CASH ON DELIVERY. YOUR CONTRACT WILL GUARANTEE YOUR COD TO THE PENNY!
2. By accepting this document you declare that you are the owner, or an authorized agent of the owner to make arrangements for shipping the owners vehicle(s) (Hereinafter referred to as Client, Customer, or Shipper). Client warrants that it is the registered legal owner of the vehicle, or that it has been duly authorized by the legal owners to enter into this agreement with Excellent Auto Transport. Customer or his authorized agent shall be present at the point of pickup and delivery. If Customer or his agent is not present on delivery for any reason, the vehicle(s) will be placed in storage at the full cost to the Customer or his Agent.
3. Excellent Auto Transport will arrange, on the customer’s behalf, the transportation of vehicle(s) with carriers (Hereinafter referred to as carrier) selected by from the specified pick up location to the specified drop off destination outlined in the shipping order.
4. Carriers transporting the vehicle(s) will only accept cash or cashier’s check from customer directly to the carrier for balance due upon delivery of your vehicle(s). Please have funds available to expedite your delivery.
5. If driver of carrier transporting the vehicle(s) feels he cannot maneuver or operate his truck at a destination location or neighborhood, it is the responsibility of the client or clients agent to meet the driver for safe delivery of vehicle(s) at a location close to the clients home.
6. By clients signature or clients agent signature, Excellent Auto Transport and carrier transporting the vehicle(s) and their employees are authorized to operate and transport vehicle(s) during transport, pick up/delivery or as needed to facilitate the transport of the vehicle(s).
7. Client agrees and understands that the carrier will route vehicles from origin to destination by routes within their own discretion and does not agree to any specified routing by client.
8. Excellent Auto Transport does not agree to transport the vehicle on any particular motor carrier, nor in time for any particular event unless client agrees in writing to the extra cost involved with guaranteed pick-up or delivery times. Customer or his authorized agent shall be present at the point of pickup and delivery. If Customer or his agent is not present for any reason, the vehicle(s) will be placed in storage at the full cost to the Customer or his Agent.
Excellent Auto Transport will not be responsible for any loss or damage created by an unavoidable delay. Excellent Auto Transport provides you with an estimated pick up and estimated arrival date of your vehicle(s). However the carrier transporting the vehicle(s) is subject to delays due to weather, road conditions, mechanical problems, etc. There are no guarantees regarding delivery times and dates. No promises, warranties, or covenants are made as to any delivery times or dates. Further, any correspondence or information regarding times or dates are only to be relied upon as estimates, and should not be construed as any direct promise. Therefore, Excellent Auto Transport will not indemnify Customer for any expenses related to delay. This shall include storage costs, rental reimbursement or any other incidental charges incurred by Customer as a result of delay.
9. Inoperable vehicle(s) are subject to additional charges. If vehicle(s) is inoperative such that it cannot be driven on and off a carrier’s truck under its own power, please tell us in advance so we can give you a correct quote.
In the event that we are not told that a vehicle(s) is inoperative at the time of the quote; an additional fee of up to $200.00 will be added to the final amount to be collected by the carrier before the car is delivered.
Additionally, in the event we are not informed of the correct model and type of the vehicle, including racks, extensions, oversized tires, etc., which render the vehicle oversized when we give you a quote. If we discover the oversized nature of client’s vehicle(s) upon pick up, an additional fee of up to $300.00 will be added to the final amount to be collected by the carrier before the vehicle can be delivered. Please confirm the accuracy of all information you give when asking for a quote from Excellent Auto Transport.
10. It is against DOT regulations for carriers to transport personal or household possessions within a vehicle. Carriers risk fines for transporting any personal possessions within a vehicle. No personal property shall be transported in client’s vehicle(s) that includes but is not limited to Explosives, Guns, Ammunition, Flammable Products, Narcotics, Negotiable and Legal Papers, Alcoholic Beverages, Jewelry, Furs, Money, Live Pets, Live Plants or any unlawful contraband. Client agrees that Excellent Auto Transport or carrier may confiscate or dispose of said items with no remuneration. Excellent Auto Transport and carrier will not be held responsible for delivery of personal property. If you wish to put items in the vehicle you do so at your own risk. Extra weight in the vehicle could cause damage to the undercarriage during loading or unloading.
11. The Department of Transportation requires that all outstanding freight charges must be paid without deduction, so before your car can be taken off the truck, the total amount you owe must be paid in full with cash or cashier’s check. Any damages should be properly noted on the Bill of Lading while the driver is there, obtain the necessary information from the driver. Damage claims must be made within 5 days of delivery with pictures of specified damages claimed.
12. All claims for damage must be taken up directly with the carrier, and if there is any damage, the liability for damages lies solely with the carrier. Excellent Auto Transport will assist client with necessary carrier information (name, phone numbers of that particular motor carrier used for transport).
13. Signing the Bill of Lading at destination, without notation of damage, will be evidence of satisfactory delivery of vehicle. Under no circumstances can client make a claim if no damages were noted at delivery. Client or clients agent is highly encouraged to check your vehicle(s) over very carefully before you sign the Bill of Lading.
14. In the event the carrier attempts to phone the client to make arrangements to deliver vehicle(s) to Client or Clients agent and Client or Clients agent cannot be reached in a reasonable time frame, vehicle(s) will be dropped off at the nearest terminal, at the discretion of the carrier. All storage, COD, terminal fees and any extra trucking charges, if any will be due and payable to the carrier in either cash or cashier’s check before vehicle(s) is released by terminal. Carrier will call client or agent 3 to 24 hours prior to pick up or delivery so the carrier can compute all COD charges In the event a truck is assigned to pick up your vehicle(s) and your vehicle(s) are not released due to non-payment of vehicle(s) $75 will be added to the price of your load to reschedule your pick up date and requires a pre paid deposit.
15. Once you have authorized your shipping order and accepted your written quote, you are not required to pay any money until your vehicle is dispatched. When your Client Assistant or Account Executive has secured reservations on one of our Truck Partners for your vehicle they will call to let you know an estimated pick and delivery date; AT THAT TIME YOU MUST PROVIDE CREDIT CARD INFORMATION to the Client Assistant or Account Executive. No trucks will be dispatched until we have a valid credit card on file to charge the deposit to.
16. After a carrier is dispatched and a notice to the customer has been given (generally by email), any payment is thereby deemed ‘earned’, regardless of whether Customer ultimately chooses to cancel dispatch. Should the Customer choose to cancel the order, Customer should submit a request of cancellation directly to Excellent Auto Transport, either in writing or through verbal confirmation with an Excellent Auto Transport representative.
17. Excellent Auto Transport services are provided AS IS and without warranties of any kind, whether express or implied, to the fullest extent permissible pursuant to applicable law, further, Excellent Auto Transport disclaims all warranties, express or implied, including, but not limited to, implied warranties of merchant ability and fitness for a particular purpose, and warranties arising from course of dealing or course of performance.
18. All legal issues pertaining to the obligations and rights assigned under this agreement shall be governed in all respects by the laws of the state of New Mexico, U.S.A., without regard to choice of law provisions. Customer agrees that jurisdiction over and venue in any legal proceeding directly or indirectly arising out of the transportation of any vehicle shall be in the state or federal courts located in Rio Rancho, New Mexico. Any cause of action or claim you may have with respect to these terms must be commenced within one (1) year after the claim or cause of action arises. Excellent Auto Transport’s failure to insist upon or enforce strict performance of any provision of these terms and conditions shall not be construed as a waiver of any provision or right. Neither the course of conduct be tween the parties nor trade practice shall act to modify any of these terms and conditions Excellent Auto Transport may assign its rights and duties under this Agreement to any party at any time without notice.